Enjoy one, two or three weeks of the same kind of life as that lived by the FC Barcelona stars during the rest of the year. At the daily training sessions, you will feel just like one of the Barça first team as you play on the same fields as they do at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper, known all around the world as La Masía. You will also get to spend your free time with other young boys and girls from around the world who share the same love for soccer, plus all the different cultural and leisure options on offer in such a cosmopolitan and historic city as Barcelona.
This is a residential or non-residential children’s camp to complement their football experience with a number of educational and fun activities designed for them to get to know more about FC Barcelona and the cultural wealth of the city of Barcelona.
The Barça Academy Summer Camp is held at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper training facility over three weeks in July and is aimed at boys and girls aged 8 to 18 years, both from the fifty or so Barça Academies around the world or for players that attended previous Barça Academy Camps or that come from other sports clubs or schools.
The participants in the Barça Academy Summer Camp will improve their knowledge of soccer tactics and skills in accordance with the same methodology used by the different teams at FC Barcelona.
The young athletes will also:
- Take part in educational, leisure and recreational activities related to soccer and FC Barcelona.
- Learn the benefits of doing sport in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
- Live together with other apprentice boys and girls from all around the world, from different cultural backgrounds and with different concerns, but all sharing the same passion for soccer, and specifically for FC Barcelona.
- Observe proper dietary and hygiene habits throughout the camp.
- Receive a sporting education in accordance with the values that are so representative of FC Barcelona.
- Attend theory classes to learn more about the Barça style both on and off the field.
The Barça Academy Summer Camp coaches were trained directly at the FC Barcelona facilities at the Miniestadi, at Barça Escola Barcelona. These coaches have extensive experience in encouraging the Barça style of play both in Barcelona and around the world at the more than 180 Barça Academy Camps held on all five continents every year.
Every day of training at the Barça Academy Summer Camp includes two practical sessions on the field at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. There will also be other technical and motivational talks that make the sporting experience even more complete for the young participants. Goalkeepers will receive specific training for three quarters of the session.