Barça Escola Basketball is a training school run by FC Barcelona aimed at children between the ages of 4 and 12. The students aged between 6 and 12 train twice a week with the younger ones having just one weekly session.
Aside from the internal league matches played on every other Saturday at the Ciutat Esportiva, the students also have the chance to play in various friendly matches and tournaments that are organised during the course.
Barça Escola basketball consists of four different training stages according to the ages of the players who are taking part:
- Pre-introduction (4 to 5 years)
- Introduction (6 to 8 years)
- Pre-training (8 to 10 years)
- Training (10 to 12 years)
Work groups are put together with a maximum of 12 players per group so that pupils can participate more during the sessions and so the coaches can play a bigger role in their development.
Barça Escola follows the same training methods are used as by the youth teams at the Club, which consist of a series of progressive and interrelated exercises, adapted to each training level or stage.
There are two coaches from the Barça Escola for each group. Aside from the coaches, there is a director/coordinator from the FCBEscola to supervise the training sessions and activities linked to Barça Escola basketball.
- Centre Esportiu Municipal Arístides Maillol Les Corts, al carrer Martí i Franquès nº 19-21 in Barcelona
- Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper in Sant Joan Despí
- Oficines Barça Escola Miniestadi
From 19 September to 17 June
Introduction, Pre-training and training: Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday from 5.30pm to 6.30pm or from 6.30pm to 7.30pm
Pre-training: Friday from 5.30pm to 6.30pm or from 6.30pm to 7.30pm
Saturday from 9.00am to 12.00pm every fortnight at the Ciutat Esportiva
To form part Barça Escola Basketball students must undergo a trial. Those who pass the test become Barça Escola Basketball players for that coming season.
Family attention by phone:
- SEASON: Monday to Thursday, from 10 h to 14 h. Friday, from 8:30 h to 14:30 h.
- SUMMER (July - August): Monday to Friday, from 9 h to 14 h.
In person: Monday to Thursday, from 15:30 h to 19 h. Appointment only via e-mail.
Tel: 669 375 338