This section contains information of relevance and frequently asked questions by parents before registering their children for BARÇA Escola.
BARÇA Escola Barcelona welcomes registrations of both boys and girls aged between 6 and 12 years.
BARÇA Escola is located at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper training facility in Sant Joan Despí. The site is the heart of FC Barcelona, where the youth teams, women’s teams, Barça B and the senior men’s team train.
This season, with the creation of the new Espai Barça, we shall have the opportunity to use the site, sharing it with other teams and sections.
Registration and trials
- How can I register?
Applications are made via the registration form on the Escola website.
- Who can register?
Trials for the 2019/2020 season are aimed at boys and girls born between 2008 and 2013. These children must be residents in Catalonia.
- What do the trials involve?
The trials consist of a training session with BARÇA Escola coaches and are divided into three parts:
- Warm-up (games)
- Main section (ball possession, matches)
- Goalkeepers take specific trials.
- When and where do they happen?
Trials are held on March 23 and April 6 on the pitches next to the Miniestadi.
- How do I know if I have passed?
All participants are recorded in the Barça Escola database. Those that have been admitted will be informed by the Barça Escola via email. Once the first trial has been passed, there will be a second training session to select the players that will definitively be accepted to Barça Escola. Players that are not accepted into Barça Escola at that time will go onto a waiting list in case any new places become available during the season.
2019/2020 season entrance trials
There are still free places to register for trials for the 2019/2020 season!
- Getting here
- From Barcelona: Via the B-23 exit 5
- From outside Barcelona: Via the B-23 exit 8
- Bus: E43 and get off at Av. Barcelona - Mayor and walk for 8 minutes
- Cercanías train: R4 and get off at Sant Feliu de Llobregat and walk for 11 minutes
- Tram: To Sant Feliu / Consejo Comarcal and walk for 8 minutes
Can I bring a private vehicle onto the premises?
No, vehicles are totally forbidden from entering the site.
- Who are the staff and management of Barça Escola?
The staff consists of a director, three coordinators (one per stage), the coaches and assistants.
- I am not sure about my child’s team. Should I speak to the coach?
No, whenever you have any questions, you should contact the stage coordinator.
Methods at Barça Escola
- Can my child combine Barça Escola with another club?
Yes, although Barça Escola should always be the priority. During the season, there are justified and non-justified absences. In the case of a third unjustified absence, that family will lose its places.
- What is included in Barça Escola?
The service includes all weekly training sessions and a game on Sunday afternoon. During the season there are also some tournaments and games depending on availability.
- What kit does my child need?
They must bring shin guards (compulsory) and football boots. The inscription includes training kit consisting of shirt, shorts and socks. Players must also bring a bottle of water. All gear must be properly labelled with the player’s name to avoid any losses in the changing rooms.
- Are showers compulsory?
Yes. All players that train at Barça Escola must shower afterwards. In the case of any special requirements, please advise beforehand.
- How are the teams decided? And the coaches?
Teams are organised by ages (pre-U10, U10 and U12). BARÇA Escola will look to improve both individual and team performance. We therefore try to make the teams as competitive as possible. Every team will have its own head coach.